Thinking about buying or insuring a boat in Preveza Greece??

Friday 21 March 2014

Grand Banks 42 Classic Refit 2014 Rigging

Well Im starting to get into some detail now. I always like seeing this stage of any restoration, the rewards! Ive posted a few images of the rigging which is now complete. I plan to paint the superstructure next week weather permitting and we will sand all the hand rails back. I found myself a brand new Pram Dinghy on Ebay for £500 which will sit on the aft coachroof. Im still looking to lift her out at Bells Marina just after Easter, and I guess a few more weeks after this she will be almost complete..... cant believe my luck with probably one of the mildest winters on record!

The mast was solid mahogany so i stripped off 45 years of white paint and varnished! 

New Blocks... don't ask how much! 

The wheel from the upper helm re-varnished as she was looking a little sad! 

The navigation light boxes.... oiled and varnished...

I got my Broads Number... but  I will go for much smaller numerals in white and mount them on Teak plaques... cut down from the old name boards


Destiny's Child! 

A pic of the 'Old Girl' just before I bought her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, how can I help?