Thinking about buying or insuring a boat in Preveza Greece??

Thursday, 1 October 2026

Buying a Yacht in Preveza? Get It Checked Properly

Hi, I’m Steve Truss, a professional UK marine surveyor based in Preveza, carrying out independent yacht surveys throughout the Ionian.



A yacht can look fantastic at first glance, but the important problems are often the ones you
can’t see straight away.

During a pre-purchase survey I check the hull, keel, deck, rudder, steering, engine installation, seacocks, rigging, electrics, safety equipment and much more.

Sometimes the findings are minor. Sometimes we uncover problems that could cost many thousands of euros to put right.

That is really what a survey is about — knowing what you are buying before you buy it.

I carry out yacht surveys throughout Preveza, Aktio, Lefkada and the wider Ionian, covering sailing yachts, catamarans and motor yachts.

If you are looking at buying a yacht in this area, feel free to get in touch before committing.

Steven Truss MIIMS
Yacht Surveys Greece

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, how can I help?