Thinking about buying or insuring a boat in Preveza Greece??

Saturday 14 May 2011

Sparkman and Stevens

I surveyed this gorgeous Yacht today at Upton Dyke. This Classic was built by Tim Whelpton and fitted out by the International Boatbuilding Colledge in Lowestoft in the 80's.

Unusual with a 'drop down' centre plate.... for the shallows on the Broads maybe!
Beautiful joinery
I love working in the boat sheds at Anne’s Yard...they are full of classic wooden boats...im totally in my element. This is Half Decker Ringlet (number 45). They are unique to the Norfolk Broads. I have owned a few Half Deckers myself but never had the pleasure of owning the real thing ‘The White Boat’ built by famous Broads Builder Ernest Woods. The original design has been largely unaltered over a century and is a great tribute to the designer. The class has retained its appeal despite several attempts at modernisation. Here is one of Anne’s boys finishing off the varnish work before relaunch.
Below a White Boat under sail…. I must get myself a boat again!!!

Thinking of Buying a Boat and Need Help? I will assist you to make an informed decision.
Contact me for a detailed and comprehensive report at
steventruss1@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, how can I help?