Thinking about buying or insuring a boat in Preveza Greece??

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Boat Safety Examiner on the Norfolk Broads

I’m off to Lowestoft and then back to Upton Dyke on the Norfolk Broads today to carry out a number of Boat Safety Examinations. I am a member of ABSE, and one of a number of examiners on the Broads, but unlike the majority of them I am not connected with a marina or marine engineering business and therefore I don't offer any remedial engineering work as part of the examination. This means that the owner can do any work himself, or choose his preferred engineer to effect any repairs.

 

.






What is the Boat Safety Scheme? The Boat Safety Scheme is jointly owned by British Waterways and the Environment Agency. It's designed to minimise the risks of fires or explosions on boats cruising the UK's inland waterways network, by specifying a set of requirements that most boats must meet before they can be granted a navigation licence. The Scheme also recommends a number of 'safety best practice' measures which enhance the personal health and safety of those on board privately owned boats.

As licensing bodies, British Waterways and the Environment Agency have a statutory duty to insist that all boats on the waterways they care for are as safe as possible. This helps to minimise the risks of fires and explosion which can kill or seriously injure visitors to the waterways network. It's in every-one's interests to help ensure the waterways are as safe as possible.

Thinking of getting a BSS test carried out and need help? Call me. I carry out tests on all types of boats, and I will assist you to getting that Certificate. Contact me at your earliest opportunity at:
steventruss1@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, how can I help?